Friday 3 June 2011

Forbidden

It had been more than 10 years, but seeing her now, hearing her voice, he knew he had made a big mistake. She had been younger, more naive back then. She had adored him. He could have had her with a single word and made her his forever. But he had been stupid, arrogant even. He'd turned his back on her, broke her heart without a second thought. She had grown up in his absence. She had turned from an adorable teenager into a beautiful woman and as he looked upon her face, those beautiful eyes and adorable smile, he felt himself transport to the past.

He remembered the way her lips tasted, the way her skin smelled and what it felt like to touch her. When they first met he had intended it to be a one off. A one night stand with a hot teenager. A way to stroke his male pride. He had not been prepared for how she would make him feel. She loved him so much it had actually scared him a little. He had felt a great responsibility for her. She had made him feel like a king. He knew that girls like this didn't come along very often and he had made the mistake of breaking his own rules and keeping her around. She had done everything he had ever asked of her back then. He assumed it would be no different now she had found him again.

"Come stay for the weekend, like old times!", he said, flashing her the charming smile he knew made her weak at the knees.

She shook her head, biting down on her lip and he could see she was conflicted.

"You hurt me.", she said. "I loved you. You were the first man I ever loved and I know you never really loved me, but I never really got over you. You made me feel so stupid."

The look in her eyes made his heart ache. She was wrong. He actually had loved her, but he'd been stupid and dishonest and a little bit afraid. Now he desperately wanted to make it all up to her.

"That's the thing though. I really did love you. I should have married you."

She laughed and looked scornfully at him.

"You were already married, or did you forget again."

He took her hands and looked deep into her eyes. He still remembered the day his wife had found out about this girl. There had been many over the years, but she had always turned a blind eye. It wasn't until she had discovered that the relationship was on going that she had laid down the law and forced him to give the girl up. He had done it to save his marriage. The marriage which had ended anyway just a few short years afterwards.

"I swear to you. I left her, but I didn't know how to find you. I thought about you alot over the years. We were a good fit. I care about you so much. I want you back. What do I have to do?"

He had never begged before. He was the type of man who took what he wanted.

"I'm getting married in a few days. I love him. He takes care of us", she said before turning and walking away from him.

In that moment he understood what he had done to her all those years ago and he understood how it had felt for her to want someone so badly and not be able to have them

No comments:

Post a Comment